Sunday 3 May 2009

The End is Near

With the deadline of the A7 Rasterised brief in sight, things do seem to be going to plan.
Up to press the project has gone considerably well, and I have had more time than usual to dedicate my self to the brief.

The first part of the brief was quite awkward at first, as I didn’t want to go down the obvious route. After developing several concepts to logos, I found I still wasn’t happy with the logos I had created, because of that I decided to create more, until I came up with one I was satisfied with. I thought this would be fairly easy to start with, however this proved to be more difficult than I expected.

The actual process of designing the CD cover went better than I expected too. As the chosen album was quite minimal, and abstract, I wanted to reflect this theme in my design.
This also involved using my own photography, which I always try to do, however the weather wasn’t great when I was out taking the photographs, so I had to make do with what I had.

We have two weeks left yet before submission, and so far so good.
Ideally I want to finish the assignment quite early, this will give me time
to proof the work, and make sure I haven’t made any silly mistakes.
Hopefully the outcome will be positive.

No comments: