With the deadline of the A7 Rasterised brief in sight, things do seem to be going to plan.
Up to press the project has gone considerably well, and I have had more time than usual to dedicate my self to the brief.
The first part of the brief was quite awkward at first, as I didn’t want to go down the obvious route. After developing several concepts to logos, I found I still wasn’t happy with the logos I had created, because of that I decided to create more, until I came up with one I was satisfied with. I thought this would be fairly easy to start with, however this proved to be more difficult than I expected.
The actual process of designing the CD cover went better than I expected too. As the chosen album was quite minimal, and abstract, I wanted to reflect this theme in my design.
This also involved using my own photography, which I always try to do, however the weather wasn’t great when I was out taking the photographs, so I had to make do with what I had.
We have two weeks left yet before submission, and so far so good.
Ideally I want to finish the assignment quite early, this will give me time
to proof the work, and make sure I haven’t made any silly mistakes.
Hopefully the outcome will be positive.