Wednesday 10 December 2008

Bah humbug!

Since the referral on the A2 brief, life has been a bit hectic. I managed to find another job, but they pay is considerably less than previous, therefore I am having to work more hours.
To add to that, the arrival of Christmas has just made things even more intense, as this time of the years is the busiest in the cheffing trade. I just hope it doesn’t affect my college work.
You could say I am Looking forward to getting Christmas out of the way, so I reduce my hours, and focus more on college, once my financial situation is stable again.

On a light note, I got my result on Monday for my A2 referral, and was delighted to find out I had passed. The mood in the studio was a bit more serious than usual, some more apprehensive than others, as we waited for the results.

Apart from that, the last few weeks have been really interesting at college. We have had lectures on certain design fundamentals, like the grid system. We have looked at the principles of the acronym PARC ( Proximity, Alignment, Repetition, Contrast), and lastly we had an introduction to colour theory, which the HNC and myself are doing a presentation on next week. All these principles mentioned above are essential, and are implemented in all aspects of design. Im looking forward to using and applying them more in my future work.

The A3 project seems to be going okay at the moment, but there is quite a bit of refining to do on my competitive analysis, which has been harder than I anticipated, however I have gained
much knowledge on the subject, which will prove beneficial long term.

No comments: